Thursday, October 11, 2007

Poll early and often!

Here are the results of my recent poll about Harry Potter discussions.

Question: I've talked about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows with:
  • 57 %: Anyone who will talk to me about it.
  • 28%: A few friends after I finished the book- but I don't really have anything else to say.
  • 14%: My spouse/family. They're pretty sick of the subject.
  • 9%: I'm not finished yet! I'm trying to avoid all Harry Potter related conversations.
  • 4%: A book club/discussion group.
  • 4%: People on listservs, websites and blogs.
  • 4%: I'm not planning on reading it. I wish people would stop talking about it!
You may have figured out by now that I fall firmly into the "anyone who will talk to me about it" camp. What's been interesting is how many people seem to still want to talk about the book... even three months later. I've also been surprised by how many people are still reading the book (and I envy them) because I gulped it down it one weekend.

Speaking of polls: I said in the comments sections of this post that Snape was winning my "favorite Harry Potter character poll." Harry himself just nudged Snape out of the lead, so we'll see where it ends up. Hermione's in third place, Lupin's in fourth and Professor McGonagall and Sirius Black are tied for fifth. Also I was impressed to see that Bellatrix, Draco, Voldemort and Umbridge all got votes for favorite characters.

I also added a new poll question about what you thought of the Book 7 epilogue and have already gotten a fairly vocal response (almost no one liked it). I did, see this post for why.


No comments:

Post a Comment