Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Monster Mash

I drove from my house to campus last Halloween (about a 30 minute drive) and heard the song Monster Mash FIVE times on the radio in that half hour. (This includes stations that typically play rock, country, Top 40, etc.) It's a lovely song, there's nothing wrong with it and it makes me laugh the first few dozen times or so, but after that, I admit I get a little sick of it. I'm wondering... is this just indicative of how I often I switch stations (a lot) or is this song mandatory on all radio station playlists on October 31st? Does the FCC fine you if you don't play it?

Wizards Wireless is curious... how many times have you heard Monster Mash this Halloween season? See the poll in the sidebar (although you may not want to cast your vote until Halloween is over).

And yes, this is completely off topic.

Update: Apparently I'm the only one who constantly hears this song. By the way, I heard it 2 times on Halloween- and I only listened to the radio for five minutes!

2 comments:

  1. After reading your post, I realized I hadn't heard Monster Mash in years. I listened to the radio yesterday HOPING to hear it and I didn't! So sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz-
    I must have a Monster Mash magnet in my car radio. That seems to be the only logical explanation of why I hear it so often.

    ReplyDelete